Getting Back to Dancing

Two months ago we ran a poll to understand how our community was thinking about resuming dancing.  While people were overall in favor of restarting with some precautions, over the next few weeks conditions changed dramatically:

The Omicron spike is passing, however, with current levels below those at the time of the survey and still falling.

We're planning to restart dancing on Sunday February 20th, when we expect levels will be even lower.  We'll be requiring:

  • Full vaccination, including a booster if you're eligible for one.  We'll check cards at the door, so bring your card or a picture of it.

  • Well-fitting masks.  Indoor masking is a City of Cambridge requirement, and they have guidelines on choosing a good mask.  They recommend against cloth masks, and we will offer complimentary surgical-style masks.

  • Email addresses, so we can notify attendees if someone who was at the dance later informs us that they've tested positive.
We will ventilate to the extent possible, but the Cambridge Masonic Hall is not a place where we'll be able to get as much air turnover as we would like.

Additionally, as required by our bylaws, we will be holding our annual membership meeting at this dance. We will be electing a new board, and anyone who is interested in running should contact us to be included on the ballot.

Looking forward to dancing again!