- Ask about volunteering if you'd like to help out.
- Ask different people to dance.
- Ask partners what roles they like to dance.
- Ask people sitting out to dance.
- Dance so others feel comfortable.
- Dance with people of all ages and genders.
- Dance with the whole set.
- Everyone makes mistakes.
- It's ok to say no.
- Share your enthusiasm with the band and caller.
- Take your time finding a partner.
- Talk to others about what makes good dancing.
- Try dancing both roles.
- Talk to the organizers if something is bothering you.
- Welcome and encourage newer dancers.
- We're happy you're here.
- You don't have to dance with anyone you don't want to.
- You don't have to wait to be asked.
These just came back from the printer; look for them next time you're at BIDA!
We've heard that other dance communities have also experimented with similar signs. If you've been involved with this we'd love to hear from you! What signs do you use? Do they seem to have an effect? We're also happy to share our template (open in Inkscape) if you're thinking of making something similar for your dance.
See you on the dance floor!